Immigration Law in Italy – Visas and Permits

separator-custom-icon Immigration Law
immigration-lawyers-english-speaking Immigration Law

To move to Italy, an individual must obtain a visa which is a document that allows a person to enter and stay in a foreign country. The specific visa procedure depends on the purpose of the stay in Italy, the applicant’s nationality, and the length of stay.

OS Law, and its English-speaking lawyers, can provide the client full support throughout the whole process, and so in detail:

1. Determine the type of visa required. There are different types of visas for Italy, including tourist visas, work visas, study visas, and family visas.

2. Gather required documents: The required documents may include a passport, birth certificate, police clearance certificate, proof of financial support, and a job offer letter (for work visas).

3. Submit the application: Submit the visa application along with the required documents to the nearest Italian Embassy or Consulate in the applicant’s home country. The visa applicant may be required to attend an interview with the consular officer to discuss the purpose of the visit and to pay a visa fee.

5. Wait for the decision: The visa processing time can vary depending on the type of visa and the volume of applications. Once the decision has been made, the applicant will be notified either by email or in person.

How does it work?

separator-custom-icon Immigration Law

Are you an individual?

If you’re thinking of moving to Italy, OS Law is particularly qualified to handle all of your immigration-related inquiries quickly and with utmost dedication.

The following visas and permissions are the most often used for non-business purposes:
– Student VISA (for a stay longer than 3 months);
– Elective Residency Visa;
– Family Reunification Visa; Exclusive Custody Permit; Asylum Visa;
– Religious Visa.

Are you planning to move to Italy for business purposes?

Our immigration legal counsel is driven by the aim to support you in finding the finest visa option and it’s based on your present situation (both personally and professionally) as well as your medium and long term objectives for living, working, or even retiring in Italy.

Immigration and Visa-related difficulties are quite complicated because of a multi-level regulatory structure (i.e. Italian, European, and International law) that is applicable to anyone without an Italian passport.

The visas and permissions most often used for business purposes are Self-employment Work permits and Employee Work Permits.

idea-1-64x64 Immigration Law

A great opportunity: elective residence visas and long-term tourist visas (5 years)

separator-custom-icon Immigration Law

According to current Italian law (Decree of Ministry of Foreign Affairs N. 850/2011) applicants who are willing to transfer their residence to Italy and are able to support themselves financially without working may be granted long-term multiple-entry tourist visas (5 years) and national elective residence visas.

Holding a residency permit from Italy grants you the freedom to travel anywhere in the Schengen Area, which comprises the majority of the 22 EU member states as well as seven affiliated non-EU nations that have established a single visa policy and do not impose border restrictions on one another’s borders.

immigration-law-italy-venice Immigration Law

To get the “Italian Golden Visa”, the following conditions must be met:

– you must be a foreigner willing to settle in Italy, investing in an Italian real estate property;
– you must be able to support yourself financially without working;
– you must provide appropriate and documented guarantees regarding the availability of a residence in Italy; you must provide appropriate and documented guarantees regarding having an independent, stable, and regular income, whose continuity in the future can be reasonably assumed (at least 31.000 euros annually).

OS Law is able to provide a comprehensive bundle of guidance and support to foreign citizens interested in getting the “Italian Golden Visa”.

Our English-speaking lawyers provide full assistance in:

  • – applying for the program to meet all requirements for citizenship or permanent residency;
    – Family relocation services, Administrative support for yourself and your family;
    Guidance for education through school advisory, university orientation, registration;
    Housing guidance through neighborhood selection, advisory on renting or acquiring a home, mortgage;
    – overseeing the purchase of the property, provide comprehensive legal support, including accurate due diligence, and ensuring that the property you wish to purchase may be transferred without any issues or risks:
    – negotiation, lease and utility management;
    Bank account opening and management;
    – Payment management and maintenance of your property, including tax responsibilities and rental legal counsel, thorough legal advice on all potential questions and difficulties;
    – Drafting and assistance with estate planning and will to protect your assets but also your descendants (Custody / Guardianship).

Get Help Now: Contact Us for a Free Consultation

    contattaci Immigration Law